So, rules are that I have to give seven random facts about myself and then pass the award along to blogs that I think are great. Here goes...
1. I got engaged for the first time when I was 17. Really glad that marriage never happened! Haha.
2. I met my husband when I was 15, but we went our separate ways after a few months and didn't see each other or talk for nearly 5 years. We re-connected when I was 20 and got married when I was 22.
3. My husband was hospitalized with septic shock syndrome and nearly died when we were still dating. I realized I was in love with him when a doctor told me to leave the trauma room because he might not make it and I shouldn't watch. It crushed me to think I would never see him again (and of course I stayed there with him, and he made it!).
4. Our wedding was peacock themed. If I ever get a tattoo, I want to get two peacocks on my back.
5. I have never met my father and it doesn't bother me at all. My mother and grandmother did an excellent job raising me and giving me all the love I needed as a child.
6. I have been wanting to be a mother since I was 14 or 15 years old.
7. I talk in my sleep constantly and suffer from night terrors fairly regularly. Doesn't help my insomnia which I've also struggled with for over a decade now.
I'm planning on making red velvet brownies for Mr. H for Valentine's Day (or the day before). He's not big on sweets, but he really likes these brownies and so do I. I use this recipe, minus the frosting. I sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the brownies instead. I'm going to go buy a heart shaped cookie cutter so I can make them extra special and cheesy! We are going on a mini vacation to the city after I get off work on Tuesday, since Mr. H has the 14th and 15th off. Finally! I took Wednesday off so we can have a whole day to hang out and enjoy the bay. We booked a room at this cute place called Hotel Tomo, which is in Japan Town.
I've stayed here once before and I really enjoyed it. Great service and very clean guestrooms! Not to mention, the decor is absolutely adorable. The other plus to staying here is the location. One of my favorite Korean bars, Playground, is right across the street, so we can drink as much as we want and don't even have to pay cab fare. We're really looking forward to next week and spending some time together. Do you have any plans for Valentine's?