What You Will Need:
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbs Dutch-processed cocao powder
- 2 tbs red dye
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (divided)
- 1 c sugar
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 8 tbs butter (at room temperature)
- 1 c white chocolate chips
|All of the needed ingredients.|
|How your separate mixing bowls should|
look prior to combining them.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Set out three (3) separate mixing bowls. One (1) large and two (2) medium sized.
- Start with one of the medium bowls. Stir together your flour, salt, and baking soda. Do not use the mixer for this (flour is very messy). Set the bowl aside.
- In your other medium bowl, stir (again, do not use a mixer) together cocao powder, red dye, and 1 tsp of vanilla. You should get a thick paste with no lumps. Set the bowl aside.
- In your large mixing bowl, cream (with mixer) your egg, sugar, butter, and the other 1 tsp of vanilla. Mix until it looks light and fluffy.
- Turn your mixer off, add the bowl with the cocao powder mixture into the large bowl, and then blend together. Mix until you have one uniform red color.
- Again with the mixer turned off, slowly start adding the flour mixture into the large bowl. You want to add a small amount, with the mixer off each time, and then mix well before adding more. Do not be lazy or impatient and dump the whole amount in at once or you will get flour everywhere (trust me, I've done it).
|Batter with white chocolate chips stirred|
in and ready to bake!
- Once you are finished combining all of your bowls, use a spatula to stir in the white chocolate chips. You just need to fold these into the batter. Do not over stir.
- To bake these, you can either drop the batter by rounded teaspoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, or if you are out of parchment paper (like I was), you can put the rounded teaspoons into cupcake liners and bake them in a muffin tray. They will need to bake in the preheated oven for about 11 minutes.
- Let them cool for at least 5 minutes and enjoy!
Click here to print this recipe.
|Ready to eat!|