Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Come and Gone

Pistachio Cranberry and White Chocolate
Walnut Cranberry cookies
I cannot believe the year is nearly over already.  NYE is tomorrow!  That blows my mind.   Mr. H got a nice surprise and has today and tomorrow off, so we actually get to spend one of the winter holidays together.  I'm very excited.  We haven't figured out what to do yet (possibly Reno or Alameda). Other than missing my husband over the holidays, everything was wonderful!  I didn't get to make all of the treats I wanted for my platters because I didn't have any assistance, but rather three adorable girls wanting to help me bake and simultaneously slowing me down.  


 So Mr. H and I spent the early morning of December 23rd together when he got home from work at 6 am.  We opened presents from each other and then had breakfast at Pancake House (at least I think that's what it was called).  It wasn't a very memorable restaurant.  We went to the mall after and it was dead, since it was barely eight in the morning.  That was about it for our Christmas quality time.  He went to sleep shortly after and I went over to my mom's for baking chaos.  Oh, but of course I dressed Ziggy up in his Santa outfit before I left.  Cruel?  Nah.







I have a couple recipes to share for my next post.  I've been lagging with this whole blogging thing.  It's going to take me a while to get the hang of it.  Still having a hard time with making photos and text appear where I want them, too.

Have a beautiful (and safe) New Year's Eve!


Ziggy Claus! >:)

No comments:

Post a Comment