Let's make some cookies! These come out fairly small, light, and fluffy. Almost similar to the texture of a scone or shortbread, but much more soft.
What You Need:
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tsp. imitation coconut extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white
- 1 c. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Nestle Semi-Sweet Mini Morsel)
|Separated egg yolk and white.|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F).
- Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together your flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, with a hand mixer, cream together your sugar and melted butter.
- Add in egg yolk and white. Mix well.
- Add in all three extracts. Mix well.
- Slowly incorporate your dry ingredients into the large mixing bowl. Do not dump the entire contents into the large bowl. It will be very messy. Use a spatula and stir in 1/4 - 1/2 cup at a time. Use your hand mixer at the end to make sure the ingredients are well combined, but do not over mix.
- Use the spatula to stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop your dough onto the parchment paper in rounded tablespoons. They do not spread out too much, so you only need to leave about a half inch space in between.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.
Click here to print this recipe.